1 hr cooking time, serves 4 people
This puff pastry recipe is perfect to eat as a snack, or simply put on the side during brunches with friends and family. The mix of chicken and mushroom creates a hearty filling while still keeping it light on the stomach.
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, boiled
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 pound mushrooms chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- salt and pepper
- Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet over medium heat and sauté the chopped onions until they turn clear. Then add chopped mushrooms to the skillet and sauté them until the mushrooms liquid in the mushrooms evaporate. Finally, add the chopped chicken breast to the skillet. Turn off the heat and add salt, pepper, and chopped cilantro. Mix everything up and let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Meanwhile, cut the sheet of puff pastry dough into 8 equal squares. Take 2 tablespoons of the mixture from the skillet and place it on one of the squares. Fold the other half of the square over the mixture and pinch the edges to seal it in. Repeat with the rest of the squares.
- Whisk 1 egg in bowl and brush the egg over the top of each of the pastries. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the pastries. Once oven is done preheating, place a sheet of parchment paper over a baking pan, and the pastries on top of the paper. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the pastries turn a golden color.