15 min prep time, 1 hour baking time, 15 min rest time
Pound cakes are typically made with a pound of each flour, sugar, butter, and eggs, but by playing around with the portions you can make for some unique desserts. This Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is delightfully moist and buttery, combining the sweetness of fresh blueberries with the tangy zest of lemon.
- 2.5 cups flour & 2 tbsp flour for blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 3 whole eggs
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Whisk the whole eggs, egg yolks, sour cream, vanilla, sugar, lemon zest, melted butter and lemon juice in a big mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, mix 2.5 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, and a pinch of salt together. Add this to the big mixing bowl and mix it into a batter.
- Sprinkle 2 tbsp of flour over the blueberries in a bowl so they are coated with it. Add the blueberries to the big bowl and fold the batter.
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper and pour the batter over it. I used a 9×5 inch loaf pan. Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Poke a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out with no batter on it, it is ready to remove from the oven. Let it cool for 15 minutes and serve.