25 min prep time, 20 min roasting time, serves 6 people
Cauliflower comes in variety of beautiful colors making for a vibrant summer salad. Though cauliflower is packed with nutritional value, it is even better when roasted and combined with chopped vegetables. Top it off with a zesty dressing made from fresh lemon juice and olive oil, and you have a salad that even kids will enjoy! We recommend preparing the salad in advance so the dressing has time to soak into the vegetables. This make it the perfect dish for entertaining guests or if you want leftovers for days.
- 1 head purple cauliflower
- 1 head yellow cauliflower
- 1/2 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 can chickpeas
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F or 220°C.
- Spray a large baking sheet with a small non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Cut the cauliflower into small bite-sized florets. Spread the cauliflower and chopped peppers across the bottom of the baking sheet. Drizzle the top with 3 tbsp of olive oil and place the sheet into the oven for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened. Place the cauliflower and peppers into a bowl and put the bowl into the fridge to cool.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, lemon zest, and your preferred amount of salt and black pepper to create your dressing.
- In a large bowl, add the chickpeas, chopped parsley, chopped green onions, and sliced red onions. Take out the bowl from the fridge and toss the cauliflower and red bell peppers in. Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well.