10 min prep time, 30 min baking time, serves 8 people
Instead of eating the same boring oatmeal for breakfast, try out this Oatmeal Banana Almond Cake recipe. It is both simple and tasty, offering both a soft and moist texture from the bananas and crunchy bite thanks to the sliced almonds. The cranberries give the cake a subtle tart, while the honey adds a sweet character to compliment the bananas. What makes it even better is that it is dessert that is just as good the next day, giving you the option of eating it for breakfast, or as leftovers for days to come.
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup almonds, sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vegetable oil, honey, mashed bananas, and vanilla.
- Mix together the oatmeal, baking powder, almonds, and cranberries in a separate bowl. Add this mixture to the first bowl and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- Place parchment paper on a loaf pan. Transfer the batter into the pan and sprinkle the top with sliced almonds.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for30 minutes, or until it bakes through. Poke the cake with a toothpick to make sure batter is fully baked.
- Take the loaf pan out of the oven and let it cool. Serve.