20 min prep time, 20 min baking time, makes 12 horns
Cream Horns consist of tasty puff pastries wrapped around a metal horn and baked till golden and flaky. Once filled with whipped cream and cream cheese, it is a dessert you won’t soon forget. Cream horns remind me of my childhood. My mom used to buy them for us every time we went to the bakery.
- cream horn molds or aluminum foil
- 1 package puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry dough until it is flat. Cut the dough into 1/2 inch wide strips across the length of the dough. Grease metal horn molds with vegetable oil and wrap the dough strips around the mold until it takes the form of a cone.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and brush the doughy horns with it. Place the molds on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper. Put the baking sheet into the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden.
- In the meantime, add heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, 1/2 cup of powdered sugar, and vanilla into a bowl. Mix it until it becomes a consistent cream.
- Take out the horns from the oven and let them cool.
- Transfer whipped cream to a piping bag and fill out the inside of the horns. Sprinkle with a dash of powdered sugar and serve.