15 min prep time, 45 min baking time, serves 8 people
If you want to make an Apple Cake from scratch, here is a recipe for you. The sweet apples and cinnamon gives the plain cake base a deliciously sweet taste and fragrant scent that only apples can offer. The crispy apples on top perfectly compliment the soft texture of the cake, making every bite a delight.
- 4 apples (2 granny smith, 2 honey crisp)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Peel and chop 2 granny smith apples into 1/4 inch cubes. Peel and slice 2 honey crisp apples. Make sure to remove the cores for all apples. Drizzle the lemon juice and sprinkle cinnamon over the apples.
- In a large bowl add the eggs, sugar, sour cream, vegetable oil, and vanilla. Use a mixer for 1-2 minutes to mix thoroughly into a batter.
- Add flour with baking powder to the batter. Mix well. Add the chopped granny smith apples and mix again.
- Spray a baking pan with baking spray and transfer the batter to it. Decorate the cake with the sliced honey crisp apples in whatever way you want.
- Place the pan into the preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes. Poke a toothpick into the cake. If it comes out with no batter on it, it is ready.
- Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool. Sprinkle the cake with powdered sugar and serve.