10 min prep time, serves 4 people
Caprese Salad is a simple and elegant salad made with alternating slices of juicy ripe tomatoes and creamy mozzarella. It’s topped with fresh basil leaves and drizzled in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then sprinkled with salt and pepper. A very affordable and easy to make recipe fit for any time of year.
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place the tomato slices, mozzarella slices, and basil leaves on a platter in an alternating pattern.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar all over the tomatoes, cheese, and basil.
- Sprinkle the platter with your preferred amount of salt and freshly ground pepper.