30 min cooking time, serves 6 people
When you have a craving for Chinese food, you can try this simple and easy Chicken Fried Rice recipe. Ready in only 30 minutes, this recipe is much healthier and more tasty than your local takeout.
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 package frozen mixed vegetables
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 5 large eggs
- 4 cups rice, cooked
- 4 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Into a large non-stick skillet or wok, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and 1 lb of diced chicken breasts. Cook over medium-high heat for about 3-5 minutes, flipping intermittently so all sides cook evenly. Cooking time will vary based on the size of the chicken breast pieces. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon to allow oil and juices from the chicken to remain in the skillet. Place the chicken on a plate and set aside for later.
- Add the package of mixed vegetables to the skillet and cook for about 2 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften. Now add the minced garlic and 1/2 tsp of ginger, cooking for 1 more minute. Stir intermittently throughout this step.
- In a separate skillet, add 2 tbsp of vegetable oil over medium heat. While the skillet heats up, whisk 5 eggs in a bowl. Add the eggs to the skillet and scramble them, stirring when necessary. Cook for 3 minutes, or until eggs are fully cooked.
- Add the chicken and 4 cups of cooked rice to the large skillet containing the vegetables. Evenly drizzle the food with 4 tbsp of low-sodium soy sauce and your preferred amount of salt and pepper. Stir and combine all the ingredients. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until chicken and rice has fully reheated.
- Add chopped green onions and scrambled eggs. Mix well and serve.