20 min prep time, 1 hr baking time, serves 6 people
Oven baked chicken tenders are a great healthy alternative to greasy fried chicken. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, the chicken tenders hold a lot of flavor that the whole family can enjoy!
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 6 Yukon potatoes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
- Wash and pat dry the chicken tenders.
- In a bowl mix the bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, 1 tbsp of paprika, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs. Dip the chicken tenders into the egg mixture followed up by coating the chicken with the bread crumb mixture. Lay the chicken out on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown.
- While the chicken is in the oven, wash and slice the potatoes, making sure not to cut all the way through. Refer to the image above for how this looks.
- In a small bowl mix the olive oil, 1 tbsp of paprika, garlic powder, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Brush the mixture all over and in between the slices of the potatoes. Place the potatoes on a baking pan covered with parchment paper, and then cover the whole pan with aluminum foil.
- Place the baking pan into the oven next to the chicken for 45 minutes. Take the baking pan out and remove the foil. Place the pan back in the oven for about 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.