Prep time 10 minute, cooking time 7 minutes, serves 4 people
These Avocado Deviled Eggs made with a creamy and delicious filling simple and easy to make. They are the perfect low-carb and keto-friendly appetizer recipe to serve a crowd.
- 4 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 avocado
- 1 small red onion
- 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. With a ladle, slowly lower the eggs into the water one by one. Reduce the heat to a low boil and cook for 8 minutes. Drain , place in iced water for few minutes and peel the shells
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise. Arrange the whites cut-side up on a serving platter.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a food processor, add chopped onion, minced cilantro, 1 tbsp mayonnaise, peeled and sliced avocado, salt, pepper, juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Process until well blended and smooth, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag. With scissors, snip off a bottom corner from the bag. Using the bag like a pastry bag, pipe the yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Garnish with slices of red onion and lemon.
- Serve immediately or cover loosely and chill until ready to serve.