Prep time 15 minutes, baking time 15 minutes, makes 12 muffins
These Almond Blueberry Muffins are moist and delicious, a gluten-free, and lower-carb, keto friendly dessert, or snack for any time of the day.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 stick of butter ( 113 g), melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tsp baking powdrer
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup erythritol (any sugar substitute)
- 1 tbsp erythritol , 2 tbsp almond milk for glaze
- 1/3 cup blueberries
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F/ 180 C. Line your muffin tray with cupcake liners
- In the mixing bowl whisk together eggs, almond milk, vanilla extract, erythritol and butter
- In separate bowl sift almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and to egg mixture and stir well to create a lump-free batter.
- Gently fold in blueberries, and then using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin tray evenly.
- Place the tray of muffins in the middle rack of your oven and bake for 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Take muffins out of oven and let them cook for 5 minutes,
- Meanwhile mix 1 tbsp with 2 tbsp of almond milk. Drizzle glaze over muffins and sprinkle with almond flakes.
- To achieve best taste and texture, cool completely before eating, about 30 minutes.