10 min prep time, 35 min baking time, serves 8 people
Upside-down cakes are a fun way to change up your cake recipes and make them more aesthetically pleasing. This pineapple upside-down bundt cake combines larger pineapple slices with maraschino cherries to give it a colorful yellow and red decoration on the top. The perfect dessert for impressing guests!
- 1 can pineapple slices (20 oz)
- 1 jar maraschino cherries
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1.4 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F or 180°C.
- Take the pineapple slices out of the can and cut them in half. Use a brush to apply a small amount of vegetable oil inside the bundt pan. Place the pineapple half slices with the round side down into the bundt pan, alternating each half slice with 3 cherries.
- In a large bowl, beat together the yellow cake mix, 1/2 cup of vegetable oil, water, and eggs to create the batter. Pour the batter over the pineapples and cherries until all empty spaces are filled. Place the bundt pan into the preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until fully baked.
- Poke a toothpick into the bundt cake. If it comes out with no batter on it, it is ready to remove from the oven. Let the cake cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then slide a knife (or a small offset spatula) around the outside edges and center of the bundt pan to release the cake. Place a serving tray on top and carefully flip both the tray and pan over to allow the cake to sit on the tray.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, slicing the cake between pineapples.