20 min prep time
I recently decided to make Smoked Salmon Pinwheels which combines fresh tasting smoked salmon with smooth cream cheese, cucumber, and avocado, all wrapped in a tortilla. These wraps are a popular appetizer for kids and adults alike. The bite-sized portions make for delightful addition at family dinners and at cocktail parties!
- 4 8″ spinach tortilla wraps
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz smoked salmon
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 avocado
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Place tortilla on a flat surface and spread cream cheese all over the tortilla. You can use different colored tortillas to create a beautiful and elaborate presentation.
2. Place slices of smoked salmon, avocado, and cucumber on the lower part of tortilla. To keep the avocados from browning, squeeze some lemon juice onto the avocado slices before placing them onto the tortilla.
3. Starting at one end of the tortilla, roll tightly towards the filling. Do not over fill the pinwheels or else they will come apart. Continue rolling until the filling is tightly wrapped and the cream cheese holds the roll together.
4. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap to keep the tortilla from drying out.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 until all have been assembled. Chill the wrapped rollups in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
6. To serve, trim any unfilled ends away and slice each tortilla into 8 small equal pieces.