1 hr cooking time, serves 4 people
Mushrooms are a low-carb, keto friendly, and versatile ingredient for creating restaurant quality appetizers, stews, and meatloaves. In this recipe, we are making Stuffed Mushrooms with a mix of chicken, onion, and your choice of cheese for a savory bite sized snack. The best part of it all is that you can stuff them ahead of time and bake when you’re ready to eat!
- 8 medium sized white button mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 cup cheese (your choice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C. Wash and boil the chicken breast for about 15 minutes. Once it is fully cooked, remove it and let it cool. Cut the chicken into at most 1/4 inch pieces. The smaller the pieces are, the better.
- Pour 2 tbsp of olive oil into a skillet over medium-high heat. Chop one onion and put it onto the warm skillet for about 2 minutes, or until they are sautéed. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for another 2 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp of paprika and your preferred amount of salt and pepper. Mix everything and let it simmer for 3 minutes.
- Wet some paper towels and wipe the white button mushrooms to clean off any residue. Cut off the mushroom stems to allow space for the filling. Brush the outside of the mushroom with olive oil. Fill up the mushrooms with the chicken mixture from the skillet. Top it off with your choice of cheese.
- Place parchment paper over a baking pan and then put the 8 filled mushrooms on top of that. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the mushroom is cooked and cheese melted. Serve.